For more information regarding work permits at Thistles please contact [email protected]
Click here to download a form
Please ensure your operatives click on the link below which will take you to the site induction video. Available here
Please then complete the below document and send to [email protected] for authorisation.
Thistles Shopping Centre – Site Induction Sheet
Thank you for submitting your permit request. All permits require 48 working hours’ notice unless due to an emergency situation, in which case you should call 01786470055 and ask for the Duty Manager. This time frame allows sufficient time to review supporting documentation.
Please ensure you have submitted a copy of the following documents. (Items underlined indicate mandatory paperwork without which a permit cannot be processed)
-An explanation of work taking place which should include locations and the extent of work to be completed, please indicate time frames including working times and duration of work. (This information can be explained on your e –mail submission)
-Public Liability Insurance (copy of cover page)
-Method Statements (Covering all aspects of work to be completed)
– Covid – 19 risk assessment
Submission of these documents in a timely manner ensures your permit can be processed without delay. Please also review the following important points;
– Permit requests are serviced daily, Monday to Friday between 2pm and 4pm, any requests submitted before 2pm will receive an answer the same day, after 2pm any requests will receive a reply the following day.
– Any work to be completed within tenanted units that does not affect the centres life safety systems or deemed hazardous, can be completed without a permit being issued from the centre, although we do still need you to inform us of the proposed work and sign in at our Security Control Room where you will be required to complete a safety induction before starting any work.
– Should you only need to transport items through our mall space then this can be done out of trading hours and an “HSF23a Permit” should be applied for.
– If the work involved is limited to the demise of the unit you’re working in, does not affect our life safety systems and is not deemed hazardous then a permit is not required from the centre. We do however still need your engineer to attend our security hatch to complete a short safety induction and sign in before any work takes place. If however access is required to the landlord’s demise or if safety systems will be affected then a permit will need to be produced at which point I would ask you to submit RA/MS and a copy of your public liability insurance and we can take it from there.
– Any work to be completed within the Landlords Demise must have a valid permit in place and must be completed outside of opening hours. Opening times for Thistles are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday 9am – 5.30pm
Thursday 9am – 7pm
Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Saturday 9am – 6pm
Sunday 10am – 5pm
Thistles Operations Team